- Zachary Christy, musician, university student, and life-long Nazarene, will tell his coming-out story.
- And a panel of students will respond to the recent Dr. Mark Yarhouse presentations on campus.
Won’t you share this opportunity with a friend who might be interested?
- On Sunday, October 23, AGC will not meet because of Fall Break.
- On Sunday, October 30, we will view together a video recording of a rapid-fire presentation on homosexuality by Dr. David Myers, psychology professor at Hope College, Holland, MI. Much of the recording is a synthesis of psychological research on homosexuality.
- On Sunday, November 6, Dr. Karl Martin, local expert on American literature and popular culture, will talk about what it is like to be a member of a church whose position on a social issue is not one he shares.
All God’s Children (AGC) was founded to offer a safe space–especially for students–for open conversation on LGBT issues and faith. Programs include the telling of (usually first-person) stories, presentations by pastors and professors out of their study and experience, and the screening of documentary films. In the past, students and employees of universities, members of local churches, and residents of the larger San Diego and Southern California area have attended. All who come in a spirit of honest inquiry are welcome.
AGC meets at its new Point Loma area host church, Westminster Presbyterian (USA), at the corner of Talbot and Canon, just across the intersection and downhill from the Fresh and Easy Market (Catalina Blvd) parking lot. There is parking on two levels if you use the Talbot-facing driveway. Those who use the lower lot can walk directly into the church library, our meeting space, on that level. Overflow parking is available on Talbot. We meet in the Library in the lowest level of the annex. Look for a directional sign near the parking lot. The church is also within easy walking distance of the nearby university campus.
We are grateful to the pastor, Rev. Dr. Tony Wolfe, staff and session (church board) of this congregation for its welcome to our discussion group. And thanks go to Sandy and Sheldon Sickler for facilitating this new relationship.
For the past four academic years, All God’s Children (AGC) has met almost weekly (except during some PLNU breaks) on Sundays, 2:30-4:30. Sessions are dedicated to an open discussion of LGBT issues and faith. Participants are asked to respectfully listen to and engage in a variety of contributions to discussion in a spirit of honest inquiry. Moderators ask participants to honor the announced program topic and to be courteous to speakers. The new church home of AGC is Westminster Presbyterian Church (USA), 3598 Talbot St. (at the corner of Canon and Talbot), in Point Loma. The library is one level below the upper parking lot and and on the same level as the lower lot.